Arranging safe accommodation

Women’s Refuge (sometimes called Women’s Shelters or Safe House) provide safe and secure accommodation for women and children escaping domestic violence in their homes or community.


How do I arrange safe accommodation (refuge)?

To access a Women’s Refuge, ring Crisis Care WA on 9223 1111 or Salvo Care on 9442 5777.

Both agencies receive a list of vacancies in the Perth metropolitan refuges each day. They will provide you with the latest information on which refuges have vacancies or will refer you to the Duty Refuge who will have the most up-to-date vacancy information. You will then need to contact the refuge directly to see if the vacancy still exists.

Please note that the refuge will then want to assess the woman and her circumstance to see if the admission is appropriate. Each refuge has their own system for doing this, but most will want to speak to the woman herself before making a decision.

Crisis Care WA can assist you with transport to get a woman and children to a refuge once they have been accepted if they are unable to transport themselves.

Other services that may be helpful if experiencing Domestic and Family violence:

Posted in Health and WellbeingTagged , , , , ,

Get involved

By making a donation, volunteering or becoming an ambassador you can contribute to the important work that the Centre does in promoting women's health and wellbeing in our community.

Find out more