Women’s Refuge (sometimes called Women’s Shelters or Safe House) provide safe and secure accommodation for women and children escaping domestic violence in their homes or community.
How do I arrange safe accommodation (refuge)?
To access a Women’s Refuge, ring Crisis Care WA on 9223 1111 or Salvo Care on 9442 5777.
Both agencies receive a list of vacancies in the Perth metropolitan refuges each day. They will provide you with the latest information on which refuges have vacancies or will refer you to the Duty Refuge who will have the most up-to-date vacancy information. You will then need to contact the refuge directly to see if the vacancy still exists.
Please note that the refuge will then want to assess the woman and her circumstance to see if the admission is appropriate. Each refuge has their own system for doing this, but most will want to speak to the woman herself before making a decision.
Crisis Care WA can assist you with transport to get a woman and children to a refuge once they have been accepted if they are unable to transport themselves.
Other services that may be helpful if experiencing Domestic and Family violence:
- 1800RESPECT (1800 737 732)
- Women’s Domestic Violence Helpline 9223 1188 or 1800 007 339 (24hr)
- DVAS 9227 5852
- Women’s Council for Domestic and Family Violence Service WA 9420 7264
- Women’s Law Centre 9272 8800 or 1800 625 122
- Fremantle Community Legal Centre 9432 9790
- SARC 6458 1828 or 1800 199 888
- Pets in Crisis
- Your Toolkit guides women through 4 steps to achieve financial freedom.