The Women’s Legal Service WA (WLSWA) are hosting outreach legal assistance here at Fremantle Women’s Health Centre (FWHC) for clients living with financial disadvantage and other vulnerabilities.
Making an appointment is essential and can be done by:
- Calling FWHC Reception on (08) 9431 0500 and asking to speak to our Community Connector
- Calling WLSWA on (08) 9272 8800
At the appointment, a lawyer from WLSWA will provide you legal advice in one of the following areas:
- Protection and Care
- Family Law – parenting matters and divorce
- Criminal Injuries Compensation
Before you make or attend an appointment, please be advised:
- WLSWA will need to complete a conflict check. The FWHC staff will contact you if there is a conflict and the appointment cannot proceed.
- This is a one-off advice appointment only. If you require further legal advice or representation, this can be discussed with the lawyer at your appointment, but this is not guaranteed.
- The legal advice appointments will last for 45 minutes only.
- The legal advice appointments will occur face-to-face or by telephone.
- If you require an interpreter for the appointment, please let the FWHC staff know before the appointment so this can be arranged.
- If you have any court documents or other relevant documents, please provide them to the FWHC staff prior to the appointment so they can be sent to the lawyer.
- Anything discussed in your appointment is confidential and will remain between you and the WLSWA lawyer. If you wish for this information to be shared with FWHC or any other
organisation, please discuss this with the lawyer during the appointment.