All of our services are provided by female health professionals with many years of experience in women’s health.
We are funded to provide assistance to women 16 years or older who are living or working in Fremantle, Melville and Cockburn. If you live or work outside of this catchment, please find a list of other services here, or call to speak to our team for help.
We aren’t a crisis support centre, and if you are needing crisis assistance, please find a please find a list of support services here.
- No referrals are necessary for any of our services.
- Pensioners and health care card holders will be bulk-billed for doctor appointments (See more information on our Fees Page)
- The price of our counselling services depends on your level of income ensuring an affordable service for.
- We request that clients are punctual with appointments, if you are more than 15 minutes late we may have to re-arrange your booking
- From time to time, our appointments are heavily booked, with longer wait times – we will update clients at the time of booking if there is limited access to services.
We offer counselling services for issues including stress, anxiety and depression, relationship difficulties, bereavement and loss, trauma, family and domestic violence, parenting concerns, low self-esteem, and a range of other emotional issues.
Perinatal counselling is also available for women who are pregnant or have a child aged three or younger.
We also work with Carers WA, which specialises in counselling for carers and provides a weekly counselling service at FWHC.
Read more about our counselling services here.
Our doctors and nurses provide information, advice, and treatment of the following:
- Breast examinations
- Sexual health including STI screening
- Menstrual problems
- Cervical cancer screening
- Antenatal and postnatal care
- Unplanned pregnancy management
- Medical Terminations
Read more about our medical services here.
Our crèche services are usually available on Wednesdays for both counselling and medical clients and those attending group sessions.
Read more about our crèche services here.
Women’s Legal Service WA
Women’s Legal Service WA (WLSWA) are offering legal assistance at Fremantle Women’s Health Centre for clients living with financial disadvantage and other vulnerabilities. Click here to see more information about the legal assistance offered. Appointments are required.
Read more about the WLSWA outreach assistance here.
Call Reception on (08) 9431 0500 and ask to speak to our Community Connector if you would like to book an appointment.
A phone interpreter can be arranged through the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS). If you require an interpreter for your appointment at FWHC, please let Reception know when booking your appointment.