Our medical services are provided by female doctors who specialise in women’s health. As GPs, they provide you with health screening, advice and health information, and treatment on a range of women’s health issues.
No referrals are necessary to see our doctors. Pensioners, health care card holders and students are bulk-billed for doctors’ appointments. If you are employed you may pay a doctors’ fee ($20 above the Medicare rebate), but this is at the discretion of the doctor.
Appointments can be made to see our doctors for a range of women’s health issues including:
- Cervical cancer screening (replaces pap smears)
- Contraception/fertility regulation
- Breast examinations
- Screening for medical problems such as hypertension, high cholesterol, hepatitis B & C, HIV, obesity, thyroid problems
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Vaginal problems
- Menstrual problems
- Mental health issues
- Vulva problems
- Pregnancy and follow-up
- Urinary tract issues
- Pelvic problems
- Termination of pregnancy
- Relationships and sexual problems
- Management of unplanned pregnancies
Please note, to access services at the Centre, you pay an annual support fee. A concession is available and this fee may be waived if you are unable to pay.